Saturday, November 13, 2010

Are we back in school?

When we were in school, everyone was categorized. We had the geeks, we had the popular kids, and then we had the ones who were confused with both and couldn't understand why they were in the middle. This was me. Not high, not low, just in between. All the "losers" had the same story to tell. They had the common ground of getting good grades in school. Meanwhile, whoever could drop the "F" bomb the most seemed to be the ones who everyone respected.
It's unfortunate, but true. Kids are constantly being tormented by each other. This is a natural way of life. The only benefit I can think of is this will challenge us for when we are older. This will help us figure out what it takes to be a stronger leader, one who has solid ground to stand on. A lot of people blame puberty. At 30 years old, what is my excuse? I have completed the teenage years, and I am nowhere near my menopausal state.


As I take a gander at work, I can imagine the ones that may have been classified as a "geek" back in school - you know, the ones with all the smarts. The difference is, these individuals have used their smarts to accomplish what most people in this world strive for... Popularity. Why did they not choose it when they were younger? Because they were smarter to just sit back and stay in their shadows until they had something to offer the crowd.


Again, this is not me. I am not the one to come up with the most fantastic piece of invention, nor do I facilitate a nationwide meeting. People know who I am by name, but I still uncomfortably sit somewhere in the middle.

-Thank you for reading my thoughts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home