Thursday, September 20, 2012

We know more now than we did yesterday. We will know more tomorrow than we do today. The learning is endless as we know it. And just when the newest of my blogs begin, I digress.
This is now my queue to swallow my pride and tell the world that I don't know everything. I like to carry myself with confidence that I just may have the answer to any question that comes my way.

First of all, I'm not perfect.
Definition of "perfect"... Lacking nothing essential to the whole; complete of its nature or kind.

As I am raising a fifteen year old, I don't know my ass from my elbow when it comes to this. This above all things is the scariest thing I have ever done in my life! I mean, seriously... Someone else's life is in my control. Control that I am now realizing that I really didn't have to begin with! I have been raising someone that would enevidably be challenging my every word, every action, every thought to the word "life". Although times will continue to be struggling, this moment in my life is when I am most proud. I have raised a beautiful boy who is now challenging me. It's almost like challenging yourself, from a different angle. He has my mannerism, my belief's, my intellect (I would like to think :) ) At the end of the day, it's quite flattering to know that he has taken all that he has learned from me and turned it into a game of life to challenge the one who has taught him. As I am continuing to grow, he will be defeated and will continue to learn from me until he knows his very own strength to challenge someone who is continuing to teach him. But not all is lost for him yet. He will, one day, begin to grow into his own ideals, his own beliefs, his own person. At that time I will know when he comes to me to challenge something of his own nature and have me puzzled.

Thank you for reading my thoughts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home