Friday, September 21, 2012

A Girl Can Have It All


That is, if the appropriate thinking and involvement is put through with only the best of efforts.

All people want to be happy – to be exhilarated with joy, to feel good and to be on top of everything.  Personally I have achieved this many times in my life. I have also been devastated with high hopes to realize I was on the wrong path. I made changes in my life and choices to overcome the beat down feeling that I would experience over the years.

We all have influences daily, and most of us don’t even realize this, although the majority of us seek our very own peers for support. As we carry ourselves through life, we typically call on a friend to seek advice. We simply don’t realize that at that time we are falling under the influence of others ideas, experiences… etc…  We have good influences and bad ones. The difference between negative and positive influence – is simply the outcome. How else are we to properly judge if they have our very own best interest at heart…? Rarely do we consider that the ones we choose to call on for help are the ones who have generated negative situations in their own life with problems. These are the influences we are falling into.

I have recently fallen into this trap of allowing a dear friend to guide me based on her own experiences. Without divulging details, the choice of mine was indeed wrong to (1) – involve someone in an intimate detail in my own personal life when I should have rather consulted the one directly impacted. (2)… to follow the guidance of someone who experienced a negative situation and (3) – to follow suit with the expectation that there would be a positive outcome from this choice of mine.

I have learned my lesson.

Only recently can I say that I am a very selective individual of those I choose to surround myself with. I choose to spend my time with people who appreciate me. I now spend a lot less time with individuals who do the very opposite…  It’s that simple!

In my opinion I have realised how difficult it is to prove originality to exist as we all fall under the simple entrapment of influences that surround us on a daily basis. With this must come a good search of self-dignity, self-assurance, self-seeking advice and self-direction.
I carry myself with the ambition to die of exhaustion rather than illness or boredom and shall not seek the advice of others to make my choices in life. Only then am I willing to take full accountability that I am living under my very own standards.
So yes, a girl can indeed, can have it all.
 
-Thank you for reading my thoughts.


 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home